VIKTORIIA HNATIUK | ISTOCK.COM
Bathrooms pose a high risk of electric shock because of the potential for electricity to come into contact with water. Follow these tips to stay safe.
- Equip bathroom outlets with ground-fault circuit interrupters.
- Ensure that all electrical outlets are a safe distance from water.
- Consider covering outlets when they are not in use.
- Never use electrical devices while standing in water.
- Use appliances with built-in GFCIs.
- Consider recessed lights to keep fixtures away from water.
- Keep a fire extinguisher handy in case of a fire.
- Always turn off and unplug bathroom appliances when you’re finished using them.
- Inspect cords on curling irons, hair dryers and other devices for damage, and discard them if unsafe.
- Have electrical work or repairs in the bathroom done by a professional.
Posted: 9/21/2020 11:00:00 AM