Solar Tax Credits
Learn more about the Federal Solar Tax Credit.
- The federal tax credit is 26% of the cost of alternative energy equipment installed on or in your home through the end of 2020.
- Beginning January 1, 2021, the federal tax credit will be reduced to 22%.
- Qualified equipment includes solar water heaters, energy storage, solar electric equipment and more, they must be installed by December 31.
- The home must be in the U.S. It does not have to be your main home, unless the alternative energy equipment is qualified fuel cell property.
Know Before You Go Solar
Contact BEC about solar before you sign a contract.
Learn what it takes to connect to our grid by visiting BanderaElectric.com/Solar
- Interconnection Fee
- BEC Inspection
- Apolloware Energy Analytics
BEC does NOT offer net metering, but we do offer special energy rates for consumption and compensation for energy put back on the grid, called Time-Based Usage rates.
If you have questions about our rebates or solar program, please email EnergyServices@BanderaElectric.com
or call 866.226.3372.
Energy Efficiency Rebates
BEC is committed to the benefits of renewable energy with a generous rebate program for qualified solar energy systems installed by December 31 and qualifying all-electric vehicles purchased in 2020.
- $1,000 Rebate for qualified all-electric vehicle purchase
- $1,000 Rebate for 5kW - 9.99kW solar systems
- $1,500 Rebate for 10kW - 14.99kW solar systems
- $2,000 Rebate for 15Kw and larger solar systems
- You must be a current member of BEC.
- Solar system must be installed by BEC in the BEC territory.
- Solar system must be installed by December 31, 2020.
- Rebate applies to qualifying residential and commercial solar projects.
- Rebate applies to all-electric vehicles purchased in 2020.
- Limit one Energy Services rebate per member.
- Rebate form must be submitted by December 31, 2020 to be eligible for the program.
Limited availability. Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are depleted. BEC has the right to inspect the installed equipment.
BEC guidelines and rebate levels are subject to change without notice. BEC reserves the right to refuse any rebate request that does not meet BEC requirements.