Board and Management
Our Cooperative is different from other types of corporations. We follow the Cooperative Model. This model is rooted in the values of self-help, self-reliance, and democratic control.
Member-owners of the Cooperative elect directors or trustees from the membership to serve on the cooperative board. These democratically-elected directors govern and direct the affairs of the cooperative, guide how the co-op's money and assets are used to fulfill the cooperative's mission, and represent their members’ interests and concerns as they develop policies that guide the cooperative’s operations and strategic direction.
To help ensure that the board is made up of directors from all parts of BEC’s service territory, nine districts have been established through which directors are nominated and/or elected to the board.
BEC Board of Directors
Select a director name or photo to learn more.
District 1 Director
District 4 Director
Board Vice Chairman
District 5 Director
District 9 Director
BEC Executive Management
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
- Pipe Creek, Medina Lake (partial)
- Bandera Area (partial)
- Bandera Area (partial), South Tarpley, Center Point (partial)
- Boerne East, Walnut Grove, Cordillera
- Medina, Vanderpool, Utopia, North Tarpley, Turtle Creek
- Hunt, Leakey, Concan
- Lakehills, Medina Lake (partial), Mico
- Boerne (west of IH10), Ranger Creek, Tapatio Springs
- Comfort, Center Point (partial)