The Texas Hill Country is seeing a strong upswing in the number of commercial and residential construction projects, and Bandera Electric is prepared to welcome our new member-owners home. No matter the size or scope of your project, BEC is here to help you manage the process from beginning to end.
Want to prepare for new electric service construction?
Try our cost estimator!
Start with our new construction cost estimator!
Questions? Contact us!
Gather the following information, and then fill out the appropriate form. (Don’t worry, they’re simple.) You’ll need:
- Your driver's license, passport or other state-issued identification card
- Your Social Security Number or tax ID
- Your date of birth
- A letter of credit from an existing electric utility company. Providing this could possibly waive deposit fees.
Engineering, New Installations and Service
- Applicants requesting a new line extension, relocation or service upgrade are required to pay an engineering fee at the time of the extension or relocation request. Engineering fees are based on the scope of the project.
- Applicants who seek a change in the design following the completion of the engineering phase are required to pay an additional fee.
- Depending on the type of line extension you are seeking, the cooperative will provide a construction allowance.
- Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable fee for any costs in excess of BEC’s construction credit.
- Electric service for a new line extension is required to be connected for a minimum of one year
- Applicants seeking a line relocation or service upgrade will be required to pay a non-refundable fee equal to the estimated cost of the project.
- Developers will be required to pay an engineering fee based on the total lot frontage of the development. In most instances, developers are required to pay a non-refundable fee for the total cost of constructing a trunk line to serve the development.
- Each applicant will be assessed a membership fee upon submitting an application for service.
- Applicants electing to participate in the Pre-Pay program will also pay a membership fee upon submitting an application.
Electric Service Standards
The Electrical Service Standards were written with our BEC members in mind. From tree trimming, line extensions and upgrades, to safety, temporary meter construction and more, these standards will serve as a guide through your construction project.
Connecting to the BEC Grid
If you are a BEC member, and are considering installing a solar or wind generation system for your home, and want to connect to the BEC grid (distributed generation interconnection), please visit our Distributed Energy Resources (DER) page.