Members Choice Contest
The BEC Foundation is the charitable giving arm of Bandera Electric Cooperative. Since 2008, BEC has provided more than a quarter million dollars in donations to nonprofit organizations in our community.
Now, it’s your chance to make a difference. The BEC Foundation is launching a contest to recognize deserving nonprofit organizations who make a positive impact in our community and could benefit greatly from the funds received. BEC members are eligible to nominate nonprofit organizations within our service territory to receive a BEC Foundation grant up to $10,000.
Nominate an organization today through November 15, 2019 and encourage your friends and family to do the same. After November 15, the Foundation board will select the top three organizations based on the positive impact they make in the community and predetermined criteria based on our Charitable Giving Guidelines
The top three organizations will be announced in December, and members will be allowed to vote via email for the winning nonprofit organization. Be sure to keep your email address up to date in your BEC account so that you’ll be sure to receive the ballot to vote for the winning nonprofit.
- In order to nominate a nonprofit, you must have an active BEC member account.
- Nominations must be for a nonprofit organization recognized by the IRS that provides services to residents living within BEC’s service territory.
- A member may only nominate one nonprofit.
- A nonprofit only needs to be nominated once to be entered for the contest, and multiple entries will not improve the chances of winning.
Thank you for joining us as we kick off the giving season in a positive way!
For the official contest rules, click here.
If the nonprofit you'd like to nominate is already on this list, we thank you for your support and ask that you select another nonprofit or wait for voting to open in December. Thank you!
Eligibility for organizations listed is not guaranteed, nor has been verified by the BEC Foundation board. All organizations are subject to eligibility rules upon review by the board.
- Bandera County Helping Hand
- Bandera County Library
- Bandera Wranglers
- Blessings in a Backpack (Boerne)
- Boerne Public Library Foundation
- Boys and Girls Club of Comfort
- Comfort Volunteer Fire Department
- Disabled Outdoorsmen USA (Medina)
- Door in the Wall Texas (Lakehills)
- Hill Country Animal League/SPCA (Boerne)
- Hill Country Family Services (Boerne)
- Kendall County Amateur Radio Society
- Lakehills Pipe Creek Little League
- Meals on Wheels (Bandera)
- Medina Community Library
- Pipe Creek Volunteer Fire Department
- Silver Sage Senior Center (Bandera)
- Warriors Heart Foundation (Bandera)
Submit your nomination for a nonprofit in the BEC service territory below! Please complete the form.