Last Updated September 21, 2020
BEC will begin the disconnection process for past due balances beginning October 5, 2020. Please make sure your account is in good standing to avoid penalties, fees, and disconnection.
Accounts disconnected for non-pay may be subject to a delinquent service fee of $100.
Payments can be made:
- Online at BanderaElectric.com
- Via the myBEC app or SmartHub app
- At the Bandera or Comfort drive-thrus
- At payments kiosks at Comfort, Bandera or Leakey offices
- By calling 866-226-3372 (select Option 3 to speak to a Member Relations Representative)
Make a Payment Online
We appreciate your membership and understand if you are going through financial hardship. Payment arrangements are encouraged. If you need to make a payment arrangement or have any questions, please contact our office as soon as possible at 866-226-3372 and select Option 3 to speak to a Member Relations Representative.
BEC Suspends Service Disconnects During COVID-19
March 16, 2020
At BEC, we believe we’re here to care for each other. Our commitment to community means we are there for our members when they need us most. Effective immediately, we will suspend energy and broadband disconnects while our community faces business and school closures in response to the COVID-19 health event.
- We urge members experiencing financial hardship to contact us at 866.226.3372 so that we can assist in finding a payment arrangement that works for them to avoid a large cumulative bill.
- For a list of local assistance programs, visit www.BanderaElectric.com/Assistance or call 866.226.3372 to speak to a member representative during business hours.
- If members experience a service interruption, they can report it online, in their SmartHub mobile app, or by calling 866.226.3372.
- BEC lobbies remain closed until further notice, but our Bandera and Comfort drive-thrus remain open during temporary business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. BEC has several convenient ways members can pay their bill, including via the SmartHub mobile app, online, by phone, by mail, overnight drop box, payment kiosk, office drive-thru, or at participating third-party payment locations. To learn more, please visit www.BanderaElectric.com/PaymentOptions.
- BEC representatives will continue to answer calls regarding payments and other services and questions between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
BEC is committed to providing reliable, safe and affordable electric and broadband services to our members. BEC is working diligently to protect our members and employees regarding the COVID-19 health event. For more information on how BEC is prepared for this event, please visit www.BanderaElectric.com/COVID19.
We continue to monitor this public health event as it evolves. For personal safety and other health tips, visit the CDC’s website at www.CDC.gov/COVID19.