Financing & Tax Credits
Looking to finance your BEC Solar system?
BEC Solar has partnered with Sungage Financial to offer affordable financing for your solar investment!
Sungage Financial can provide BEC Solar customers reliable access to a range of solar financing options to meet the different needs of many homeowners. They offer 5-, 10-, 15- and 20-year financing products with no money down options.
Batteries can now be included in your Sungage Solar Loan!
One unified financing experience allows you to simplify your investment and take advantage of additional tax credits for both your solar array and battery storage.
Sungage connects homeowners with consumer-friendly financing options to go solar and save more money. Sungage makes sure that homeowners capture all the benefits of going solar while making it simple. Homeowners choose Sungage because they make it quick and easy to get financing and get on with your life!
For more information about Sungage, visit SungageFinancial.com
BEC Solar Rebates
BEC is supporting its members committed to the benefits of renewable energy with a generous rebate program for solar energy systems installed at qualifying homes and businesses. You must be a current BEC member, and the installation must be performed by BEC Solar within the BEC service territory. The rebate will be determined based on the size of the solar energy system:
- $2,000 rebate for 15 kW up to 100 kW system
- $1,500 rebate for 10 kW up to 14.99 kW system
- $1,000 rebate for 5 kW up to 9.99 kW system
Limit one per member. Limited availability. Rebates must be submitted to BEC by October 31, 2019. The rebate applies to qualifying commercial and residential projects installed between April 1 and October 31, 2019. Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tax Credits & Information
Home Energy Tax Credits Save You Money at Tax Time
Learn more about the Federal Solar Tax Credit.
- This tax credit is 30 percent of the cost of alternative energy equipment installed on or in your home.
- Qualified equipment includes solar hot water heaters, solar electric equipment, wind turbines and fuel cell property.
- Qualified wind turbine and fuel cell property must be placed into service by Dec. 31, 2016. Hot water heaters and solar electric equipment must be placed in to service by Dec. 31, 2021.
- The tax credit for qualified fuel cell property is limited to $500 for each one-half kilowatt of capacity. The amount for other qualified expenditures does not have a limit. If your credit is more than the tax you owe, you can carry forward the unused portion of this credit to next year’s tax return.
- The home must be in the U.S. It does not have to be your main home, unless the alternative energy equipment is qualified fuel cell property.