Start Your Service
Engineering and New Installations
The Texas Hill Country is seeing a strong upswing in the number of commercial and residential construction projects, and Bandera Electric is prepared to welcome our new member-owners home. No matter the size or scope of your project, BEC is here to help you manage the process from beginning to end.
- Applicants requesting a new line extension, relocation or service upgrade are required to pay an engineering fee at the time of the extension or relocation request. Engineering fees are based on the scope of the project.
- Applicants who seek a change in the design following the completion of the engineering phase are required to pay an additional fee.
- Depending on the type of line extension you are seeking, the cooperative will provide a construction allowance.
- Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable fee for any costs in excess of BEC’s construction credit.
- Electric service for a new line extension is required to be connected for a minimum of one year.
- Applicants seeking a line relocation or service upgrade will be required to pay a non-refundable fee equal to the estimated cost of the project.
- Developers will be required to pay an engineering fee based on the total lot frontage of the development.
- In most instances, developers are required to pay a non-refundable fee for the total cost of constructing a trunk line to serve the development.
For questions or concerns, please call 866-226-3372 and ask for the engineering department.
Electrical Service Standards
The new 2016 Electrical Service Standards were written with our BEC members in mind. From tree trimming, line extensions and upgrades, to safety, temporary meter construction and more, these standards will serve as a guide through your construction project.
Gather the following information, and then fill out the appropriate form. (Don’t worry, they’re simple.) You’ll need:
- Your driver's license, passport or other state-issued identification card
- Your Social Security Number or tax ID
- Your date of birth
- A letter of credit from an existing electric utility company.
NOTE: If you are initiating service on an existing meter, you will also need your meter number (here’s how to find it).
BEC has developed a critical care list comprised of members who require life-sustaining equipment. Your account will be coded to make our service technicians aware of your needs. You will be notified before scheduled outages. During unexpected outages, you will receive high priority as we restore power. Please note, the critical care list does not prevent disconnection for nonpayment.
While it is BEC's primary goal to provide reliable, uninterrupted service to our members, we encourage all members on the critical care list to develop an emergency plan in the case of a sustained outage.
Each applicant will be assessed a membership fee upon submitting an application for service.
Applicants electing to participate in the Pre-Pay program will also pay a membership fee upon submitting an application.
Line Extension Request
Electric Load Analysis
Increase Electrical Load Capacity
Relocate or Remove Equipment