• Applicants requesting a new line extension, relocation or service upgrade are required to pay an engineering fee at the time of the extension or relocation request. Engineering fees are based on the scope of the project.
• Applicants who seek a change in the design following the completion of the engineering phase are required to pay an additional fee.
• Depending on the type of line extension you are seeking, the cooperative will provide a construction allowance.
• Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable fee for any costs in excess of BEC’s construction credit.
• Electric service for a new line extension is required to be connected for a minimum of one year
• Applicants seeking a line relocation or service upgrade will be required to pay a non-refundable fee equal to the estimated cost of the project.
• Developers will be required to pay an engineering fee based on the total lot frontage of the development. In most instances, developers are required to pay a non-refundable fee for the total cost of constructing a trunk line to serve the development.
• Each applicant will be assessed a membership fee upon submitting an application for service.
• Applicants electing to participate in the PrePay program will also pay a membership fee upon submitting an application.
Frequently Asked Questions