Assistance Resources

  • We understand that our members may need to make a payment after the due date at certain times. If you find yourself in that situation, please call one of our Member Services representatives at (866) 226-3372 to make arrangements and find out what your options are.

    If you're still unable to pay your utility bill, the following local agencies may be able to help.

    Local Organizations Who Can Help

    Alamo Area Agency on Aging (through AACOG)

    Contact: 866-231-4922 or 210-477-3275
    Counties: Bandera, Kerr, Kendall and Medina

    Bandera County Helping Hand

    Contact: 830-796-8300
    Counties: Bandera

    Bandera County Silver Sage

    Contact: 830-796-4969
    Counties: Bandera and Medina

    Community Council of South Central Texas

    Bandera & Kerr Counties: 830-896-2124
    Kendall County: 830-625-6268
    Medina County: 830-584-2100

    Community Council of South West Texas

    Contact: 830-278-6268
    Counties: Real and Uvalde

    Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries

    Contact: (830) 755-5200
    Counties: Bexar, Kendall, Bandera, Kerr, Comal, Gillespie Uvalde, and Medina.

    Hill Country Family Services

    Contact: 830-249-8643
    Kendall County

    Salvation Army of Kerrville

    Contact: 830-257-3620 or 830-895-4009
    Kerr County

    Society of St. Vincent De Paul

    Contact: 830-896-6898
    Counties: “Anywhere GOD’s children are”
    Boerne: 830-816-5646

    Texas Utility Help

    Texas Utility Help can give financial assistance to qualified Texas homeowners and renters with low income. Eligible expenses include electricity, gas, propane, water, and wastewater.
    Contact: 855-566-2057
    Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.

    Weatherization Assistance (through AACOG)

    Contact: 866-231-4922 or 210-477-3275
    Counties: Bandera, Kerr, Kendall and Medina

  • The Affordable Connectivity Program

    Without additional funding from Congress, the allotted $14.2 billion to fund the ACP is projected to run out in April 2024 (this date is an estimate and may change). As a result, the FCC has begun taking steps to wind down the ACP, which means:
    • ACP applications and enrollments will not be processed after February 7, 2024 at 11:59 PM ET.
    • Households who have applied, been approved, and are receiving the monthly internet discount before February 8, 2024 will continue to receive their ACP benefit until ACP funds run out, as long as the household remains enrolled in the program.
    • After the ACP funds run out (projected in April 2024), households participating in the ACP will no longer receive the ACP discounts.
    For more information, please visit:

    The Affordable Connectivity Program is an Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program benefit program that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more. If your household is eligible, you can receive:

    •  Up to a $30/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals.

    The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.

    To learn more about the Affordable Connectivity Program, please visit

  • Eligible BEC members can make upgrades to their home or business to save energy and money with this BEC program. The program offers zero down, low interest financing for up to 10 years for eligible energy improvements including upgrading or replacing your HVAC and/or furnace, windows, doors, insulation, water heater, pool, spa and well pumps, and more. There is no credit check and the financing is tied to the meter, not the member.

    As part of the program, participating members receive an in-depth energy audit of their home or business and energy monitoring software to save on their electric bill. They also receive recommended energy efficiency upgrades to improve the comfort of their home or business. Members can even finance a solar power system, battery storage and EV charging infrastructure through the program.

  • The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps keep families safe and healthy through initiatives that assist families with energy costs through federally funded assistance in managing costs associated with home energy bills, energy crises, weatherization and energy-related minor home repairs.

    Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

The following navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.