ISTOCK.COM | LAURIPATTERSON
Air fryers have enchanted the home cooking world as a fast, low-fat way to prepare meals. They’re essentially countertop convection ovens with a heating element and fan near the top that circulates hot air around your food, creating crispy morsels without using much oil.
Home chefs should observe safety considerations when using an air fryer.
- Never rinse or clean the housing or electrical components with water.
- Avoid touching the appliance when in use to avoid possible electric shocks or burns.
- Wait until the air fryer is cool before cleaning it.
- Keep air inlets and outlets uncovered so that air can easily enter and exit.
- Do not let air fryer ventilation blow into electrical outlets.
- Ensure that the electric outlet provides adequate voltage.
- Keep cords away from hot surfaces.
- Do not place anything on top of the appliance.
- Position the air fryer on a level and stable surface.
- Always use oven mitts when handling hot food or bakeware.
- Operate your air fryer only in areas that are well ventilated.
Posted: 11/6/2020 3:15:08 PM