It’s never too early to teach your children about the potential dangers of electricity and how to live and play safely around it indoors and out.
Here’s a suggested list of nonnegotiable rules to share with your little ones:
- Keep fingers and other objects out of wall outlets.
- Dry your hands before touching or plugging in anything electrical.
- Plug only one device into each socket in an electrical outlet.
- Remove plugs from outlets by gripping the plug, not the cord.
- Don’t touch or climb on any outdoor electrical equipment in your own yard or elsewhere.
- Fly kites and drones far away from power lines.
- Stay away from trees that have electrical lines running through or near them.
- Never touch a power line that has fallen to the ground.
- Ask for help understanding safety instructions when playing with new electrical toys or new electronics.
Posted: 6/15/2023 11:51:20 PM