Stígur Már Karlsson/Heimsmyndir | iStock.com
For people who rely on life support equipment at home, a power outage could be a matter of life or death. If you or someone in your home depends on an electrically operated health aid, take these steps to prepare for power outages.
- First and foremost, sign up for BEC's Critical Care list. Your account will be coded to make our service technicians aware of your needs. You will be notified before scheduled outages. During unexpected outages, you will receive high priority as we restore power. Please note, the critical care list does not prevent disconnection for nonpayment. Call 866.226.3372 or visit BanderaElectric.com/CriticalCare to sign up today.
- Plug electronic devices into surge suppressors and consider using uninterruptible power supplies on important devices as a temporary battery backup to some devices.
- Consider investing in a portable generator that can power vital equipment in the event of an extended outage.
- Make arrangements to move in temporarily with friends or family during a power failure if a generator is impractical.
- Keep an adequate supply of prescription drugs and medical equipment on hand.
- Report all outages quickly using the myBEC mobile app or call us at 866.226.3372.
Posted: 4/13/2021 9:56:27 AM