RYERSONCLARK | ISTOCK.COM
A mini makeover of a manufactured home to increase energy efficiency can yield big savings. Consider the following tips from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to enhance the operation of your home.
- Roll or spray a reflective, cool-roof coating onto the roof.
- Drain a gallon of water from the water heater yearly to remove sediment.
- Clean or replace the furnace filter and air conditioner filters.
- Insulate the water heater and its pipes and set the thermostat to 120 degrees.
- Apply polyethylene film or disposable plastic insulation to windows.
- Clean light fixtures to improve brightness.
- Only use LED lightbulbs.
- Remove or cover window air conditioners during cold months.
- Install a well-sealed insulated skirt around the base of the home.
- Seal duct ends and connections with mastic.
- Check and add insulation under the floor.
Posted: 9/10/2020 11:00:00 AM