At BEC, we believe we’re here to care for each other. Our commitment to community means we are there for our members when they need us most. Effective immediately, we will suspend energy and broadband disconnects while our community faces business and school closures in response to the COVID-19 health event.
- We urge members experiencing financial hardship to contact us at 866.226.3372 so that we can assist in finding a payment arrangement that works for them to avoid a large cumulative bill.
- For a list of local assistance programs, visit www.BanderaElectric.com/Assistance or call 866.226.3372 to speak to a member representative during business hours.
- If members experience a service interruption, they can report it online, in their SmartHub mobile app, or by calling 866.226.3372.
- BEC lobbies remain closed until further notice, but our Bandera and Comfort drive-thrus remain open. BEC has several convenient ways members can pay their bill, including via the SmartHub mobile app, online, by phone, by mail, overnight drop box, payment kiosk, office drive-thru, or at participating third-party payment locations. To learn more, please visit www.BanderaElectric.com/PaymentOptions.
- BEC representatives will continue to answer calls regarding payments and other services and questions between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
BEC is committed to providing reliable, safe and affordable electric and broadband services to our members. BEC is working diligently to protect our members and employees regarding the COVID-19 health event. For more information on how BEC is prepared for this event, please visit www.BanderaElectric.com/COVID19.
We continue to monitor this public health event as it evolves. For personal safety and other health tips, visit the CDC’s website at www.CDC.gov/COVID19.